Monday, October 23, 2006

Short Story Draft


St. Thomas

" Hurry people, we are going to be very late and the cruise is going to leave us". That was the first thingI heared one morning in Miami. It was my mother screaming at us because we had to gert the cruise to the caribbean before it leaved us.
It was nine o'clock and we thought the cruise was leaving at eleven o'clock AM.
We hurry and took a short bath, putted our cloth, said good bye to all my cousins who lived in Miami and went to gates where passengers passed through a lot of heavy security and a lot of huge lines. We lived our mom and our sister, my father and me, went to give back the car we had rented. In the way to the car rent, we got lost. I was scared because I thought I was going to loose the ship. the we saw a patrol car besides us and we asked them where the car rent was.
"Hey, can you please tell us where is the car rent?" "we are los and we dont know how to get there", I said.
"Follow us", said the cops in a very show off way.
They showed us the way so we returned the car and a little bus with a Haitian driver took us to the Port. When we got there, we couldn’t find my mom. There where two entry's, we took number one. We didn’t find our mom, so we said everything to the security people and they let us pass through about five hundred people, because the cruise can hold more than a thousand. Everyone was angry and I laughed in their faces. When we pass everyone, we founded my mom. After it we could enter the cruise, now we had our tickets and passports, cause she had them. Then we made the last line to enter the cruise, it was much shorter than the security and the entrance lines. In our way to the ship's door, there was a huge window and we could see through all the river that entered through there.
When we entered, we went to our rooms and sleeped a while, we where tired of all we had passes through. When everyone was on board, about twelve o'clock, they told us to go out to practice an emergency pass, it was not cool, it was very sunny and hot and we were stand in there hearing them. After that, we walked around the cruise for a while and we ate and whent to the pool. The first day it was full! It was very crowdy. That day I didnt swim much, cause I got bored about the people. Besides the pool, there was a group from dominica or something like that called Flare. They singed tropical music and Bob Marley songs. Eveyone in the cruise was happy. At night, we went through every shop the cruise had. Then we went to eat to a very big and elegant dinner room. The menu was very big, you could order anything free. The cruise leaved Miami about at ten PM, we where very worried and hurried a lot for nothing.
"This was the best trip that I have made", I told to my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home